©2016 McCain Foods Limited. All rights reserved.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect Personal Data to operate effectively and provide you with the best services and user experiences we can, but collect only the least amount necessary to provide those services. In particular we use:
- Contests and Inquiry Information – To enter contests or sweepstakes or make an inquiry, you must provide your full name and email address. You may also be asked to provide your mailing address, phone number, social media handles, profiles and contact information, and information about your use of our products. You may also voluntarily provide other limited information when making an inquiry. We may also collect information about your usage of our website, such as the campaigns you view, the contests in which you participate, the links you click, and your search queries and results. If you participate in any contests or sweepstakes, we may request a photo and description of your participation.
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your Personal Data to provide and optimize our services to you. In particular, we use:
- Contest and Inquiry Information to allow us to be in contact with you in relation to your inquiry, your participation in the contest or sweepstakes, to personalize our services for you, to provide you with customer service, and to monitor our provision of customer service.
- Website Information to monitor and administer the contests and sweepstakes you may enter and your inquiries, to analyze trends, usage and activities with users on our website, and to ensure its technological compatibility.
We also use the Personal Data you provide us to respond to your comments and questions, better understand your needs, and generally improve and enhance our products and services.
We may wish to use your Personal Data to provide you with marketing communications promoting our products and services, or those of third parties. We will only do so with your consent and as permitted by law. We will not use Personal Data for any purpose incompatible with those outlined in this Policy.
What Personal Data Do we Disclose?
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to others. We only share Personal Data with third parties who are bound by terms at least as restrictive as this Policy and only in the following ways:
- Affiliates – We may share Personal Data with any of our affiliates or subsidiaries, for the purpose of providing customer service, administering our contests and sweepstakes, and improving our products and services.
- Service Providers – We share Personal Data with third-party service providers related to our website, the administration of our contests and sweepstakes, and the provision of customer service. These service providers only have access to the Personal Data necessary to perform their functions, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and may not use it for purposes other than to perform such functions.
- Legal – We may disclose Personal Data to courts, law enforcement agencies, and other government bodies where we believe that doing so is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- Business Transfers – In the event of a reorganization, merger or sale, we may transfer any and all Personal Data we collect to the relevant third party involved in the reorganization, merger or sale, with the consent of data subjects if and as required under applicable privacy laws.
- With Your Consent – We may also share Personal Data with other third parties subject to your prior consent.
How Do we Protect Your Personal Data?
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction as required by applicable law. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Despite our safeguards, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via the Internet. Once we have received your information, we will use all reasonable safeguards to protect it.
Where is Your Personal Data Stored?
McCain operates globally, and your Personal Data may be stored and processed by it or its service providers in multiple jurisdictions.
Important Note to Children
Before providing your name, address, e-mail address or any other information to anyone on the Internet, be sure to ask your parents if it's OK.
Important Note to Parents
Cookies and Other Technologies
McCain may use various technologies to obtain information, including site features in which you have the greatest interest, so that we can improve the quality of your experience. McCain may use "cookie" technology to obtain non-personal information from its online visitors. Cookies are information files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. We do not extract Personal Data in this process nor do we provide this information to third parties. Cookies allow us to analyze trends, administer our website, and customize your user interface to speed up the navigation process and to make your site experience more efficient.
To manage the cookies that are placed on your computer, you may configure your internet browser to refuse, accept or delete cookies from websites, including ours, at any time. The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if cookies are disabled or removed, not all features of our website will operate as intended.
We may use web beacons/pixel tags, and other technologies on our website to collect certain information about visitors to our website, use of our online services, coupon offers and interactions with our emails and online advertisements. For example, we may collect your browser type and operating system, IP address, viewed pages, links clicked, sites visited before coming to our website, and emails we send that you open, forward, or click through to our website. Collecting this information helps us to create websites that best suit our users' interests and preferences and to help identify products, site features, recipes, advertisements, and offers that may be of particular interest to you.
Third Party Advertisements
If you don't want such advertisers to collect or use information based on your activity on websites, devices, or apps for the purpose of showing you ads, you can opt out through the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. You can also opt out of certain browser data gathering features, such as Google Analytics Advertising Features, through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for Mobile Apps or other available means.
This Policy does not apply to the collection, processing and use of Personal Data by companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage ("External Parties"). Although some of our Services link to the websites and services of External Parties, such as those of our business partners and social media companies, we do not exercise control over the activities of External Parties. For more information about what Personal Data External Parties collect and how they use such Personal Data, please refer to their privacy policies.
Access, Correction and Other Rights
Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to access, correct, update, delete, block or limit our use of your Personal Information. Please contact us by the means noted below and clearly describe your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and always under the timeframes set forth by applicable laws. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for certain purposes as required or authorized by law.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact McCain's Privacy Officer at [email protected].
Revisions to the Policy